This website is operated by Country Home Interiors. We take your privacy very seriously therefore we urge you to read this policy carefully because it contains important information about:
- Who we are,
- How and why we collect, store, use and share personal information,
- Your rights in relation to your personal information
- How to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint.
Who we are
Country Home Interiors, we collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulations which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
- Personal Information you provide about third parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you;
Shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data
Shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf
Shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data
- Cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small text file which is placed on your computer or electronic device when you access our website. Similar technologies include web beacons, action tags, local shared objects (flash cookies) and single pixel gifs. Such technologies can be used to track users actions and activities, and to store information about them. We use these cookies and/or similar technologies on our website.
This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this information may be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
For further information about cookies generally please visit www.aboutcookies.org and www.allaboutcookies.org
How we use your personal information
We collect information about our users for the following purposes;
To identify and manage the accounts you have with us, to process your order, conduct product research and customer buying habits and customer profiling.
Who your information may be shared with
We may share your information with:
Law Enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
We will not share your information with any other 3rd parties.
We would like to send you information about products, services, offers, competitions and our business which may be of interest to you. Such information could be sent by post, email, telephone or text message.
We will ask you whether you would like us to send you marketing messages on the first occasion that you provide any relevant contact information (i.e. on purchase, signing up to a newsletter, entering a competition etc). If you do opt-in to receive such marketing information from us, you can opt-out at any time by using the contact details provided below.
Whether personal information has to be provided by you and if so, why?
The provision of the following information is required by you
This is to enable us to do the following;
Name and address for delivery purposes
Email for receipt of purchase
How long your personal data will be kept
We will hold your personal information for the following timeframe; Name and Address 6 years as per UK Tax Law
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on the following as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information;
Keeping your information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used/accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine need to know business such as law enforcement or our courier companies for the purpose of deliveries of your purchases. Those processing your information will only do so in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will use technical and organisation measures to keep your information secure. These measures may include;
User account access is controlled by a unique username and password
All data is stored on secured servers and payment information details are encrypted using SSL.
We are certified to ISO 27001. This family of standards helps us manage your information and keep it safe and secure.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally obliged to do so.
We will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you to us via the internet. If you do have any particular concerns about your information please contact us using the details provided below.
Transfers out of the EEA
We will not transfer your personal information outside of the EEA at any time.
What rights do you have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured commonly used machine readable format and have the right to transmit that data to a 3rd party in above mentioned specific situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information and guidance on each of these rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioners Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (http://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please
- Email or write to us
- Let us have enough information to identify you
- Let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving licence, passport or a recent credit card/utility bill)
- Let us know the information to which your request relates
From time to time we may also have other methods to unsubscribe (opt-out) from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered please note there may be some period after selectin unsubscribe in which marketing may be received whilst your request is being processed.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by:
- Email – email@example.com
- Post – Country Home Interiors, 2 Market Square, Southwell, Notts. NG25 0FS
- Telephone – 01636 819960